Followers

Monday, January 20, 2020

Credence by Penelope Douglas











 WARNING 
This review contains  little to NO spoilers at all because, 
Baby,
you deserve to go into this book just as blind as I did, and you will be so thankful for it.

So, if you're off to fall into this beautiful bastard, 

Enjoy Boo.

If you are for some reason still reading this, buckle in. Strap up. And hold onto your butts, cause this is going to be one B*tch of a review to write.
Especially since I had to take a personal day to contemplate the degree of book hungover I was feeling.

Something that no amount of greasy food, Cabernet Sauvignon , or Pedialite could cure.

But for those who have read P.D. books before know this is pretty much a standard procedure for a post-book period.

 Give or take a few months depending on which series it is.
I, like many others, fell into a Penelope Douglas book completely by chance. It popped up on one of my recommended tabs and for some reason, my eyeballs were immediately drawn to it.

(SIDE NOTE: for those of you have not read Bully, Go. Enjoy. Embrace. Your. Emotions.)
From then on it was what i refer to as the Slippery Slope effect; one book turns into two, two days turns into seven, and suddenly it's the fourth of July and you haven't seen sunlight or your loved ones since September.



Crack, Cocaine, Meth, Penelope Douglas books, Marijuana. 
All things that will inevitably lead you to bouts of mania, obsession, possessiveness, and above all: ADDICTED 
(Honesty Point: I have not, nor do I condone, the use of any drugs of the non-paperback reader type variety. Proceed.)

So,  Credence. Wow. What an absolute journey. The emotions carried throughout this book is something to truly be in awe of. It covers some pretty interesting topics (one of which being emotional abuse) that I think was portrayed in such an honest way, that you could begin to relate with the characters feelings. No matter how disturbed or confusing their choices may have been. 

What Really Drew Me In: The highlight of possible Taboo content. 
Ya Girl likes em weird. I like em Freaky. And when I see a favorite author jumping into the pot, better believe I am no brakes-full speed ahead up in this Bish. 

For those who may be frightened by this label, Don't Be. Trust me. It's going to be okay, you are going to be just fine, and who knows, you might do some self discovery on this journey.

Final Thoughts:

This book was a beautifully woven tale of the acceptance of oneself, forgiveness, and the value of family whether it's your birth or chosen.
I don't believe the weaves of this story could have been more perfectly performed in a masterful way. I'm counting down the days until February 14th for the special bonus scene! Who knew one could be so hung up over the mystery of some missing panties.
Anyway.
Credence; couldn't have picked a more fitting title.


5 Rowdy-steamy-Emotional-MountainMen stars🎇



No comments:

Post a Comment