Followers

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Queen Of Song And Souls by C.L. Wilson

Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)


 Investment 
an act of devoting time, effort, or energy to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.


I am so utterly and completely invested in this dang serious, that having to put off reading the final book in the series a whole day, felt like watching paint dry on a gray walled office building. 
In other words, painful.

War has begun. Alliances are being tested, strength and cunning are being shown, Ellysetta and Rain still trying to get that mate bond rolling....(angry hair pulling ensues).

This story picks up right where the third left off, and from the gun was a much more exciting read as far as progressing side character story lines. 
With all the build-up at this point, I have so many questions yet unanswered that I actually took the time to write them down.
(mainly because my brain is low on vacancy and needed some space).

Will Elly and Rain complete the mate bond in time?
Is Annoura about to do the GD Unforgivable up in this piece?? (aka Lord Vale)
Will Elfeya and Shannisoran survive and be reunited with their daughter?
Where is Kiel and Kieran??
What in the what are Lillis and Lorelle, and what in the fubwub is happening with them in the mists?? (aka a mysterious reuniting)
How is Lord Barriel doing? 
<b>And when the HECK are ELLY and RAIN going to complete this GD BOND??</b>

While I will say that Wilson has brought forth lots of questions, I will give her the fact that she doesn't hold back on the feels train that she made the ending of this book.

I cried. 
Yes, dear. Me.
 Frozen wasteland of a heart that I am, I blubbered like a child.
sad lilo and stitch GIF
Because that ending just did me in. 

Which just goes to show you what a fantastic of writer that C.L.Wilson is. 
I am so utterly devoted to these fictional characters and their lives, that their pain causes me pain. Their triumph gives me happiness. AND THEIR INCOMPLETE MATE BOND CAUSES ME ALL THE DAMN FRUSTRATION.

And can I say how freaking bad-A$$ it was when the Elves freaking came to the rescue.

 "Not what. Who." Bel's grim expression lightened with the first signs of genuine hope, and he pointed to the line of warriors who had appeared in the distance, surrounded by a faint golden glow. "The Elves have come." 


(I was OBSESSED with Tolkien's Elves and have been counting down the minutes until we finally got to meet the Elves of this world.)


This book was beautiful and tragic and just so dang good that my review could never honestly do it any sort of justice.
BUT, I refuse to not review this book to give it the proper credit it is due, considering it is due more than one could possibly convey.

The main reason I had to make this so short is:
A.) because i refuse to start the next book without reviewing this, because I will inevitably cross story lines and hate myself for it.
B.) C.L. Wilson is a master of world and character building and deserves the recognition of a freaking literature Goddess.
AND
C.) I am literally so desperate to start the next story and get some GD answers that i feel like I may very well go crazy if a prattle on any longer.


Side Note: I want to see Elly's damn Tairen come out so bad. I thought for sure with the golden Tairen on the cover that we would finally get to see it. BUT NO I JUST HAVE TO WAIT GAHHH.

Seriously. Begin this series with caution. You will become soulfully invested.

4.89 Adrial-and-Talisa-Deserve-All-The-Heaven-and-Happiness stars🎇

Want more of my reviews of the bizarre, strange, and the steamy? Check me out at:

No comments:

Post a Comment